Thursday, December 20, 2012

Weekly link!


            This past semester has flown by so fast here at Link Year! And this past week has flown by even faster! Last weekend I went to see Wicked in St. Louis with some friends for my friend Emily’s birthday! I have always been anti-wicked but I really enjoyed it, it was a great fun girls weekend! For Mystery Monday we rented out a theater to see the Hobbit. I read the book last year in school and I was quite disappointed that it didn’t finish!! It left us hanging! Anyways this week was also finals for my JBU classes, and I am so glad that they are finally over! Now I am ready to go home for Christmas, but I know I will be ready to be back here in January with all of my friends!



            This week we heard from D.A. Horton. D.A. speaks three languages that all start with e; English, Ebonics, and evangelism. We talked about maximizing moments, which is one of the seven pillars of Link Year. D.A. said that our opportunities come with expiration dates; they only last so long before we miss them. He encouraged us not to miss them but to take advantage of the opportunities we have been given and to share the Gospel whenever we can. Ephesians 5:15-16 says “Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.” We have to maximize our moments and be wise in our walk because our world is evil. This semester has flown by and I only hope that I and all my other classmates will maximize our moments over the break and the time that will have together next semester. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment